Delivering Value to the Healthcare System
Aortic valve repair is a well-recognized alternative to valve replacement that provides good long-term results, low rates of valve-related events and ultimately a better quality of life for patients. Widespread adoption of aortic valve repair has been limited because of the complexity of existing surgical techniques. The HAART Aortic Annuloplasty Devices were designed to enable more surgeons to be successful with aortic valve repair by simplifying and standardizing the procedure. Clinical studies of aortic valve repair using the HAART Devices have demonstrated excellent patient outcomes [2,3,4] and their ease of use has allowed surgeons to offer aortic valve repair to a greater number of patients with aortic valve insufficiency. All of these benefits are provided at a cost comparable to aortic valve replacement providing significant value to patients, the physician’s practice, and the healthcare community.
BioStable Science & Engineering is committed to educating and expanding the community of aortic valve repair surgeons by sharing their extensive experience with the HAART Aortic Annuloplasty Devices and how our products have expanded treatment options and simplified and standardized aortic valve repair.
- Learn more about our HAART Center of Excellence training program that partners with world class organizations and state-of-the art centers to champion expert training with the goal of simplifying and standardizing aortic valve repair.
- View our HAART Physician Locator – an ever-expanding list of physicians that have been trained to use the HAART Aortic Annuloplasty Devices.
The HAART Market Value Matrix below summarizes how BioStable’s HAART Aortic Valve Repair Technologies enable surgeons to be successful with aortic valve repair by simplifying and standardizing care.
- Baumgartner H, Falk V, Bax JJ, et al. 2017 ESC/EACTS Guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease. Eur Heart J. 2017 Sep 21;38(36):2739-2791.
- Mazzitelli D, Fischlein T, Rankin JS, et al. Geometric ring annuloplasty as an adjunct to aortic valve repair: clinical investigation of the HAART 300 device. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2016;49:987–93.
- Mazzitelli D, Pfieffer S, Rankin JS, et al. A regulated trial of bicuspid aortic valve repair supported by geometric ring annuloplasty. Ann Thorac Surg 2015;99:2010–6.
- Rankin JS, Mazzitelli D, Fischlein T, et al. Geometric ring annuloplasty for aortic valve repair during aortic aneurysm surgery: two-year clinical results. Innovations 2018;13:248–253.
About BioStable Science & Engineering
BioStable Science & Engineering is a cardiovascular device company focused on developing and commercializing proprietary valve repair technologies that provide an alternative to valve replacement for patients with aortic valve disease. The company’s HAART Aortic Repair Technologies are designed to simplify and standardize aortic valve repair, enabling surgeons to offer the recognized clinical benefits of valve repair to patients undergoing surgical correction of aortic insufficiency or aortic root aneurysm.
Please contact us for more information.